Live International Football Streaming on Your PC

Watch Every Televised 2010 World Cup Qualifier,Premiership,International Football Match Live on Your Computer..
Your Ad Here


Fulham FC vs Sunderland - Live Link 1

Fulham FC vs Sunderland - Live Link 2

Watch EVERY LIVE English Premier League Match Live on Your PC

Sunderland:

Sunderland defender Anton Ferdinand believes joining the club took him out of his comfort zone and could make him a better player for it.

Ferdinand, 23, joined from boyhood team West Ham in August for around £8m and says competition for places has forced him to sharpen up on the field.

"At West Ham I was used to knowing I was in the team every week," he told BBC Radio Newcastle.

"I know that if I don't perform here I won't be playing."

Anton followed his brother Rio, now at Manchester United, into the first team at Upton Park after breaking through the youth ranks to make his debut against Preston North End in 2003.

After nine years with the Hammers, Ferdinand believes it was the right time to move on and is enjoying life in the North East with Sunderland.

"The way I was always looked at when I was at West Ham was as the young boy who came through the ranks and as Rio's brother," he said.

"Now I'm someone who has been brought in to hopefully make the team better and I'm looked at in a different way.

"It's a blessing to be looked at in that way and the fans have shown me great love and hopefully that will continue as long as I repay them with good performances."

CREDIT: BBC Sport

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)