Live International Football Streaming on Your PC

Watch Every Televised 2010 World Cup Qualifier,Premiership,International Football Match Live on Your Computer..
Your Ad Here


St Mirren vs. Rangers FC - Live Link 1

St Mirren vs. Rangers FC - Live Link 2

Watch EVERY Premiership Match Live on Your PC

Rangers goalkeeper Neil Alexander is keen to add to his three Scotland caps after replacing international colleague Allan McGregor in goal at Ibrox.

The Scotland manager George Burley will announce his squad on Thursday for next week's World Cup qualifier against Norway at Hampden.

"Growing up, all you want to do is play for your country," said Alexander.

"I'm very patriotic and I'm very proud of the three caps I've got already - and obviously I'd love to add to them."

McGregor had been strongly challenging Sunderland's Craig Gordon for a starting place with Scotland until injury forced him to miss the conclusion to last season.

But Alexander has been the first-choice keeper at Rangers since McGregor was dropped for the recent league match against Motherwell after failing to recapture his form after recovering from surgery. Coming to Rangers, I knew I was going to be a number two and my place in the Scotland squad was maybe in jeopardy because of that

Even so, the 30-year-old said he would not be upset if McGregor was chosen ahead of him for Burley's Scotland squad.

"Coming to Rangers, I knew I was going to be a number two and my place in the Scotland squad was maybe in jeopardy because of that," said Alexander, who moved to Ibrox from Ipswich Town in January.

"I don't know what the manager's thinking. Obviously, it's going to be difficult to leave Allan out.

"I'd like to be in. But, if I'm not, I'm not going to lose too much sleep."

Scotland recently announced a friendly to be played against Argentina at Hampden in November and Alexander has his eyes on the number one jersey for the high-profile match, providing he can continue to vindicate Walter Smith's faith in him.

"If I can keep doing well with Rangers, the Argentina game is coming up in couple of months and hopefully I can get in the squad for that one," said Alexander.

"It's nice to finally get a chance and show the manager I'm capable of becoming the number one.

"It's tough for Allan. But, for me, I'll hopefully make the most of the opportunity given to me.

"It was the manager's choice to make the decision. It was probably a very hard decision for him.

"For me, it's fantastic. He obviously believes in my ability and believes that I can do a job, which is very flattering for me and gives me a lot of confidence."

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)